Sage & Sweet Potato Superfood Stir Fry (GF) (V) (Heart Healthy) (NSA)
I just got off a month long clean eating challenge with no added sugars, no gluten and no alcohol. It was difficult sticking to it as a mostly vegan (I occasionally eat fish and dairy), but after only two weeks of tracking macros and counting calories, my body was humming. I want to parlay these habits into my everyday life and share the healthy recipes that helped keep me on track here on TravelingFig. I also want to explore cholesterol-lowering recipes as I prepare for my dads visit at the end of the month. His levels are worrisome, and I’m going to make it my mission to feed him nutritious and delicious meals while he’s here. And what better way than to use the flavors of the fall harvest?!
Sage, Cran & Sweet Potato Stir Fry
GLUTEN FREE | VEGAN | HEART-HEALTHY | NO ADDED SUGAR
This dish can be served as a main meal or as a side dish. And wouldn’t it look beautiful on your Thanksgiving table?! The flavor is unmistakeably ‘buttery’ so you might even get away with tricking your family into unknowingly enjoying one of your vegan concoctions ;). For an extra protein boost, top with nutritional yeast, tofu or seitan. Would also pair well with cooked quinoa or wild rice.
I N G R E D I E N T S >>
- 1 Cup Sweet Potato Ribbons (Trader Joes sells them precut, or you can use a sturdy peeler to cut 3 medium sweet potatoes into slivers)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- handful of baby bella mushrooms, sliced,
- 1/4 cup whole cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 2 cups leafy greens (I used shave brussels sprouts, spinach and cabbage mix)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Miyokos vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- Sprig of fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried sage)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (or ground ginger)
- salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
D I R E C T I O N S >>
- In a skillet, cook onions, mushroom, cranberries, pecans, ‘butter’, sage, garlic and sweet potato ribbons
- Stir occasionally for 7-10 minutes. When onions are slightly browned add leafy greens, salt, pepper and ginger
- Stir occassionally for 5-7 minutes until greens are wilted to your preference.
- Transfer to serving bowl and finish with more fresh grated ginger and a squeeze of 1/4 – 1/2 lemon
N U T R I T I O N A L B R E A K D O W N >>
Information for entire Recipe:
I’m a member of the amazon affiliate program. Whenever you purchase a product from my links, I make a small commission! I sincerely appreciate you stopping by and giving me (and my links) some love, it helps keep my blog humming bug free.