A fudgy, gooey, dark chocolate brownie you can enjoy with coffee for breakfast? One that you not only feel no guilt about… but that you’re actually proud to eat? Bravo to you starting your morning with a punch of protein, fiber and nutrients! Diet Success!
These brownies are incredibly fudgy and deeeelicious. They are so decadent and satisfying you will honestly never suspect that they’re A. made from black beans, B. Gluten Free, and C. Low Glycemic
They can be made vegan just by subbing out the two eggs by any of these substitutes:
….banana or applesauce would actually be a delicious egg replacement and help lighten a very dark and fudgy flavor!
<< I N G R E D I E N T S
- I can/box organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 heaping tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic pure cocoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate or vanilla vegan protein powder (I use Garden of Life Chocolate Sport)
- 2 Eggs (or vegan egg replacement)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-6 tbsp raw honey or agave (I used a little of both)
- 1 packet stevia or 2-3 drops
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt, divided
- pinch cayenne pepper
- coconut or almond milk or cream
- Walnuts, pistachios or cashews, chopped (I used a handful of nuts in the food processor)
- Banana, raspberries or strawberries, diced
- Carob chips, cacao nibs, organic chocolate chips
- flax seed, hemp seed or chia seed, ground (buy your cbd online at this website)
- 1/4 cup melted Peanut or Almond Butter
- Organic Caramel Sauce
<< D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square pan.
- In a Food Processor combine: Black Beans, Coconut Oil, Cocoa, Protein Powder, Eggs, Baking Soda, Vanilla, Honey, Stevia Cayenne and 1/2 sea salt. Pulse until well mixed. If mixture is too thick, gradually add milk substitute until mixture lifts from walls and mixes completely. Should be thick like frosting.
- Mix in any optional ingredients like: diced fruit, chopped nuts or seeds and mix well.
- Transfer to greased pan and smooth with a spoon. Top with chopped nuts if desired. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 of sea salt evenly over the top.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- If desired, drizzle melted peanut or almond butter (or caramel sauce) across top. Cool in fridge for 5 minutes before serving.