Do you want to eat
As if the flavor
We host a Los Angeles misfit Thanksgiving every year, and this dish (along with my vegan mushroom gravy) hold their own at a table adorned with the usual carnivorous suspects (yes, I still make a turkey stuffed with sourdough sausage and apple stuffing. No, I don’t even try a bite).
Despite that I make enough wild rice stuffing to feed a village, the bowl goes fast and greedily.
This recipe is inspired by the Erewhon vegan wild rice stuffing! It will keep for a week+ in the
VEGAN WILD RICE STUFFING
Vegan, Gluten Free, Heart Healthy, Low Sugar, Guilt-free
Prep time: 15M | Serves 12-15 as a side dish or 5-6 as a main course.
I N G R E D I E N T S>>>
- 1/4 cup good Olive Oil
- 1 container Vegetable Stock
- 3-5 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 6 Celery Stocks, chopped
- 1 pack (or 1/4 cup) of finely chopped fresh (or dried) Poultry Herbs: rosemary, thyme,
- 1 cup uncooked Wild Rice Blend
- 1 cup uncooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Pecans, crushed
- 1/4 cup Craisins
- 1 large Apple or Pear, cubed
- 2 tbs Soy Sauce (I use Braggs Amino Acids, which actually is soy-less, but with the same taste!) -OR- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze (optional)
In the Rice Cooker:
- Add vegetable stock, rice, onion, celery, herbs, garlic, mushrooms, craisins, salt and pepper into rice cooker and press ‘BROWN’. Let cook.
- When your rice cooker beeps and turns to
warmingmode (or after the stockhas been absorbed by the rice), stir in the apple, pecans, olive oil, and soy sauce.
- Top with optional balsamic glaze drizzle.
On the Stove:
- Grill onion, garlic, mushrooms, poultry herbs and celery in
oliveoil over medium lowheat, stirring occasionally, until onions and celery are soft. (optional add a tsp of brown sugar for a more carmelized onion flavor)
- In a separate pot, cook rice in vegetable broth. Supplement with added broth or water to cover rice completely.
- Drain rice, return to
pot,and add grilled onion mix. Stir in craisins, pecans, apple, soy sauce, salt andpepper.