Healthy Chicken Broccoli Ziti with White Wine
Here’s my simple, and healthy, CHICKEN BROCCOLI ZITI recipe! This is the perfect accompaniment to any hearty main course at Easter, like a honey baked ham!
1. Chop 1 onion and 4 garlic cloves finely – brown in skillet on Medium heat in 4 tsp olive oil
2. Add 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast (fat removed) and cook until center is no longer pink. Remove from pan (but keep oil and garlic simmering) and cut into pieces.
3. cook 1 box of whole wheat spirals and set aside in casserole dish (toss lightly with olive oil to keep moist).
4. Microwave 1 full bag of broccoli florets (stems trimmed) for 2-3 minutes.
5. Reduce skillet heat to medium/low add 1 cup white wine (sauvignon blanc works well), 4 tspflour, splash of chicken stock (no stock? throw in a splash of milk), garlic powder, ground pepper and any other spice that tickles your fancy and a hearty pour of parmesan cheese. Blend well.
6. Add cut chicken and broccoli to the sauce and stir. Turn off heat and wait for mixture to cool slightly.
7. Pour mixture over ziti and stir together.
8. Cover ziti completely with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. (sub low fat cheese if desired)
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.