Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Pumpkin roll is my absolute favorite fall treat. Really it doesn’t get much better then a slice right out of the fridge with a cup of coffee or a glass of red wine. I love how the consistency of the sweet cream cheese frosting compliments the texture of the rich flavored bread. No one makes a pumpkin roll like my aunt Christine, but fortunately for my waistline her recipe is back in Boston and I’m left to try out (with a few tweaks) this recipe I found in Taste of Home.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 package reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter – softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts for the top!
- Line baking pan with greased (as in you spray it!) wax paper & heat oven to 375.
- Beat eggs and gradually add sugar and pumpkin until sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan over the wax paper & bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely (leave it for an hour at least!)
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
-Roll it up again and press in the walnuts!! Then roll it into tin foil and refrigerate for at least an hour.
-Cut slice and enjoy 🙂