I’m a Coachella dinosaur. Well maybe not if you factor in the actual history of the festival, but I’ve been around since Coachella became a fashion show, and secondarily a music venue (well really, secondarily a sphere for experiential marketing and branded parties, but that’s for another post). So, I’ve seen it all. From flower crowns and daisy prints to fringe and felt conductor hats, to this year’s theme ‘naked with touches of neon and snakeskin’. Kidding. Kind of.
This year, I bypassed the neon trend and went for animal prints and neutrals. And while I missed my hot pink sequins from last years
Shop my look: Skirt, Booties, Bag: Amazon // Top: For Love & Lemons // Glasses: Prive Reveaux // Jacket: Vintage hand destroyed // Glasses Chain: Forever 21 //
Shop My Look: Pants: Forever21 // Top: Amazon Fashion // Jacket: Blank NYC // Bodychain: Fashion You Up
TIPS TO THRIVE (SURVIVE)
- FESTY BESTY –not everyone is cut out for the festival life, vet your companions well before embarking on your weekend trip. What you’re looking for: easy going, low maintenance, chill
- KEEP YOUR FEET – as happy as possible by wearing broken in flat booties or sneaks. Only wear sandals if you feel like losing a toe.
- DONT BE TOO AMBITIOUS – there’s no need to get to the festival when it opens. Aim to arrive
everydayaround 5pmor you’ll get burnt out in the relentless heat
- HYDRATE – you won’t be able to drink enough water, stay hydrated and reapply sunblock on repeat.
- SPRING FOR VIP – A
vipticket will offer you a more relaxing – and less taxing – experience. You’ll have access to the VIP main stage viewing area, bars and restaurants (where the best food is!) and the Rose Garden VIP bars, food andviewing area. But best of all – you can enter through a less crowded special entrance!
- BRING A JACKET – temperatures can drop fast when the sun goes down, always bring a jacket – which can double as something to sit if you ignored my #3 advice.