Yacht Week Greece: Packing Essentials
Yikes. This is a tough one. Opt for a foldable duffel bag
Lets start with what NOT to pack
- No straightners, blow dryers or curlers. I know, WHAT? But you will only have shore power the first night then not again until the last, so there is no way to plug anything into outlets
- No jeans, long pants, cover-ups, blazers, or blankets. It is HOT hot hot.. even at night.
- Running sneakers/work out clothes. Lets get real.
What to definitely bring:
- Soap/shampoo/conditioner/face wash/razor – but keep in mind you might be bathing in the Mediterranean instead of in a shower, as the bathrooms on board get very filthy very quickly
- Sunblock. A lot of it.
- Body lotion
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish
- Toothbrush, floss, paste
- Make up bag with waterproof mascara, bronzer, blush
- At least 5 “going out” outfits. These can be flowy dresses or tight skirts with bandeaus, but the clubs are fancy and you will want to get dressed up. I suggest collaborating with the girls you’re going with ahead of time and make a share all rule.
- Bathing suits – bring enough options, you’ll be living out of them
- One pair of platform heels for the clubs – go with platforms, it’s incredibly difficult to hop from boat to boat in heels.
- Two-three light weight cover ups
- Clutch for night time
- Clean pillow case
- Extra towel
- Contact case, extra contacts, solution
- Meds: Dramamine, prescriptions, aspirin, tums, first aid kit, 5 hour energy
- At least 500 euros and a debit card, 800 euros for fellas