Melting Snowman Red Velvet Cookies for Christmas!
My gripe with adorable Christmas cookies is that they never taste good! So I sought to make adorable snowmen that were actually delicious!
1 Box red velvet cupcake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
cream cheese frosting (homemade recipe on blog, or buy pre-made)
black and red icing
Rollos or reeces bells for hats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine one the box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix, eggs and and vegetable oil. Whisk.
- Form teaspoon size balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or baking pan about one inch apart. Slightly pat down the top of each ball with the backside of a spoon or spatula.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool completely
- frost with cream cheese frosting and stick a marshmallow into the frosting. Decorate with colored icing to create a scarf, buttons, arms, eyes and nose.
- frost the top of the marshmallow and add the rolo or reeces bell (if desired)
I only did a few with the hats — mostly because I was really going for delicious on this one and I thought the hat was candy overkill. But it’s a matter of preference – if your guests have the sweetest of tooths put the hats on!
I also made some smiling or some sad they were melting…
but they were all scrrrrrrumptious!