Two Week Drop the Weight Detox Diet!
So here it goes! This is your two week jumpstart diet! Read the chart, shed a tear for the lack of wine and chocolate, then scroll below for words of encouragement.
Disclaimer: Please check your caloric needs with a dietician or primary care doctor before starting any diet plan or their new program. It is also important to have your blood work checked for any vitamin deficiencies that may be holding you back from letting go of stubborn weight.
GROCERY LIST (WEEK 1)
- No alcohol for two weeks. WHAT? I know, it sucks. As a wine-aholic who also is a sucker for a cucumber margarita… giving up alcohol for the past month has been brutal. But I’m still social! I just go out and order a soda water — and you know what, sometimes I don’t even realize I’m not drinking! If you absolutely have to have a drink on the weekend, make it a wine spritzer and add an extra day to the plan. Just remember, this is for you – don’t make this plan into a sentence, you should feel energized by the courage you have to take control of your health. But truthfully the easiest way for this to work is to completely rid your body of toxins. Next week, we are switching to a red detox juice to cleanse your liver… and it’s not going to be nearly as useful at doing so if you’ve got a sea of vodka sodas floating in there.
- Take a multivitamin with zinc and iron and a fish oil supplement everyday. During this plan, I am also going to take milk thistle because I really want to give my liver a good cleanse. I will also take a digestive enzyme to ensure my body is extracting all the nutrients I need from the food. Please talk to your doctor about the appropriate supplements for your body.
- No coffee. I know, another yikes. But unlimited tea! An over abundance of tea even!
- Record your weight and your mood first thing in the morning and right before bed every day of the plan.
- No exercise! I still want you to maintain your normal routine if it includes yoga, pilates, or other low impact aerobics. But this week, since the calories are restricted – let’s take a break from the weights and spin classes. This doesn’t mean melt onto your couch. Still walk your dog please.
- Take your time and enjoy each bite of food.
- Drink a gallon of water a day.
- Track your progress and share your excitement! It’s not just about fitting into some damn skinny jeans that aren’t even in style anymore anyways.. it’s about being healthy and happy in your skin.
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!
My recommended smoothie is the GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE:
Preheat oven to 350. Squeeze lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and fresh herbs (I like garlic, pepper, rosemary and thyme) onto 2 de-thawed chicken breasts. Cut 1 large sweet potato in half and wrap both pieces in tin foil. Place chicken and sweet potato in oven on a cooking sheet. Take chicken out after 15 minutes (there should be no pink in the middle when cut). Keep the sweet potato in for another 30 minutes, or until soft. Enjoy one chicken breast with half of a sweet potato for lunch on Sunday. The second breast and other half of the sweet potato should be placed in a glass tupperware to bring to work with you on Monday. If re-heating, put in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Snacks Snacks Snacks.
HONEY I’M HOME! WHAT’S FOR DINNER?
FOR THE DETOX SOUP:
*Great for alleviating indigestion, flatulence, menstrual discomfort and anemia
-apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup)
*High in fiber, increased iron absorption, mood enhancement
-cayenne pepper (3/4 tsp)
*Anti cold/flue/allergen, reduces joint pain, revs metabolism
-lemon (1-2 squeezed)
*Alkalize the body, high in vitamin C, relieves indigestion
-ginger (1 tbsp)
*Anti-inflamatory, reduces nausea and indigestion, enhances fat absorption
-garlic (2 cloves, minced)
*Boosts immune system, reduces inflammation,
-low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (1 1/2 cups)
*Boosts immunity, great source of minerals (calcium, magnesium), aid digestion
-white wine (1/3 cup)
-sweet potatoes (2 cubed)
*High in vitamin B6 and B12, contain iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C
-celery (3 stocks, chopped)
-carrots (3 chopped)
*Anti aging benefits, great for skin
-spinach (3 cup)
*Loaded with vitamins: A, K, D and E, good source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
-water to top (2-3 cups depending on slow cooker size)